26.1.11

Anna - Albuquerque Maternity Photography

This was a very different shoot for me.  Normally I photograph outdoors with natural light--- walking the streets looking for unique backgrounds, or stepping through fields in the North Valley.  We were able to shoot all of these images with a homemade studio set up in my very home.  I looked for inspiration in my curtains, beds, and painted walls of a place that I spend 80 percent of my time.  As an artist, I feel like sometimes the most beautiful ideas grow from places most intimate.

Anna, a close friend of my sisters, and husband Mark are about to have their first child come May.  I had such a fun time with this shoot, exploring with lights and props, in the intimacy of my own house.  My sister's and friends talked, laughed, and sat around Anna, as she was being photographed.  She really was glowing, and made this modeling thing look way too easy.  Thank you for sharing your growing belly, and beautiful self with me! :)





1 comment:

Anna said...

Thanks again for doing this! You made it easy for me to be so comfortable.

Featured wedding photographer on Love Olio